What is Fixed Website Design?
There are many choices to make while you’re developing a site for your company. Many questions arise in your mind regarding content quality, e-commerce, graphics, etc.. However, a common question that comes to mind is whether the site needs to have a fluid or static design? Each option has its pros and cons. However, the ultimate decision depends on usability. You can visit websites of some companies which are well known to provide quality website design in Brisbane. With all the confusion, it is essential to take the perfect decision. By considering few facets, it is possible to finally have a successful design design that will reap all benefits.
In this kind of Design layout, the width of the entire page is set to a particular numerical value. It is a professional approach in which designer should specify the width of the page in spite of the size of their browser window. Some popular examples of these sites like CNN, Yahoo etc.. Regardless of what web design screen resolution the visitor has, they will observe exactly the same width as other visitors. Designers using a print background often prefer them, as it remains consistent across browsers.
The fixed design is all about when the width of your website is quantified and designed by a particular pixel width. As the name describes, this design is fixed and is set to an immovable width; this is true no matter the user’s resolution, screen size and browser used. With the fixed design, it means that the web browser won’t be able to change the format text of the design as they see fit. This is the most popular and common option for website design. With this design the width of the content is contained and remains fixed no matter what. This option is also known as the wrapper and container. This is the ideal design for those sites with lots of pictures, pictures and graphics. This is beneficial because the pictures will always stay the same and won’t leave the webpage looking cluttered and messy.
This sort of design will make kingston web design sure that the webpage stays the same width regardless of which screen you view the website on. This is a better option for pictures, as too much text may annoy the users particularly if their screens are smaller than the one the website was originally designed on. This will result in the bothersome task of scrolling from left to right so to continue reading the text. This annoyance is frequently the biggest grievance against fixed website layout.
Benefits of Fixed Website Design:
- You can set the width so to make it well suited for optimum readability.
- The main readable content area is closely controlled without needing to specify a minimum and a maximum width.
- Fixed width layouts are sometimes easier to design and style.
- Text will stay easy to read regardless of which browser you’re on.
- If you use the fixed design, the picture elements are incorporated into fixed width layout; this will not overpower the text.
- Fixed design brings uniformity to your site.
- You can better control the images and other elements of your pages because they are static on the page.
- You will know what to expect in terms of font size, images and website design hamilton design.
- Guarantees an easy to read line-length.
- This layout can have images that may be placed in connection to the other elements (such as images) and type sizes.
- The designer has full control over how the page would look.
- Allows for predictable default printing behaviour.
- Pages are designed to look the same, regardless of what browser or operating system you use.
Benefits of Fixed Website Design:
- If you view a website on a bigger screen, you will have some dead space if the display is larger than the website design.
- If the screen is too web design edmonton small and the web site layout is too big, you will end up scrolling from left to right so as to continue reading the information available.
- Text may look too narrow on very major computer screens.